As the summer is coming to an end, and I am getting back in cooking, writing, and blogging mode, I wanted to reblog this great lemon drink with you. If the weather has already begun to cool in your area, keep this on hand to help with those sure-to-come sore throats. What could be better than lemon and honey??? Enjoy!
Reduce (or eliminate) your use of artificial sweeteners and/or refined sugars with this yummy, refreshing mixture. Keep an ice cold pitcher in your refrigerator, and you may never have a use for drink mixes again.
- 1/4 cup honey (local, if possible)
- 2 organic lemons
- Ice cubes
- Boil a pot of water.
- While waiting for the water to boil, pour 1/4 cup of honey in a glass bowl.
- After the water boils, slowly add 1/4-1/2 cup of to the honey, stirring as you go. You are simply dissolving the honey. Continue stirring until the mixture is emulsified.
- Fill a glass pitcher with ice.
- Add water-honey mixture to the pitcher.
- Slice 2 lemons, and add them to the pitcher. You may also want to add a few slices of lime (for taste and color).
- Finish filling the pitcher with cold water and stir.
This is a nice alternative…
View original post 114 more words